A course to train a Competent Person how to be the Electrical Safety Lead and undertake the required Formal Visual Inspection Electrical Appliances and Equipment
Who is this course for?
A member of staff (including shop owners or Managers) who is able to take on the role as an organisation’s lead person for electrical safety known as “The Competent Person”.
Course Outline: (Approx. 4 hrs)
- Principals of Electricity
- The Law
- Classes & Types of equipment
- Working Environments
- Inspection frequencies and test regimes
- Visual inspections, identification of faults & minor repairs
- Record keeping
- Use of software solutions
- Short multiple-choice test
- Practical test
- Certificate of Achievement